Saturday, August 25, 2012

Claire -vs- tailgate

Last week, on the second day of our move Claire ran full speed into the corner of Dave's tailgate. I saw it happen and it still gives me the shivers to think about it. 

We were loading up the odd and ends from the garage and garden tools; the house was completely empty and we had nothing to clean or bandage it with. Thankfully our neighbors were home and were generous to help us out. A little peroxide, a little neosporin, one butterfly band-aid, one regular band-aid and a dosage of Tylenol and all was well. 



I don't have any pictures of the wound itself, so I will spare you the honor. Claire has done a great job keeping the band-aid on, letting me clean and change the band-aid periodically. It is healing nicely and hopefully wont scar too bad. In hindsight it probably needed a stitch or two. Our first bloody experience is in the books and I am looking forward to repeating it any time soon. 


UPDATE:  Here's a picture of Claire's forehead from yesterday. It looks great!


No comments: