Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We went to the cabin this year for Thanksgiving, just the three of us. Leaving Wednesday after work was frustrating and it didn't help that I forgot the keys. We had to turn around, adding on a hour and half giving us a five hour car ride rather than the normal two. Claire and the dogs were troopers the whole way. 

Thank goodness for Safeway. I was able to order a pre-cooked turkey dinner for us, so we were able to have a traditional meal without all the time fuss. Don't get me wrong I don't mind doing all the fuss if there are lots of people who are going to eat it, in fact I like doing it. However,  to spend all day in the kitchen if it just us eating it would not be fun. We had a ton of leftovers as it was with a 10 pound turkey. So much so I made turkey-rice soup after we got home.

Friday and Saturday we went up the peninsula to Long Beach to play. Dave bought a kite, thinking that Claire would really enjoy it. She was interested for all of five minutes but he had a good time. Of course, it never fails that I remember to pack all of Claire's warm clothes but forgot about ours. After the candy store for some salt water taffy off we go to getting stocking caps for me and Dave. 

Claire at the candy store

Goofball

At the beach

There wasn't much wind but he was sure trying



Ha ha! I should be trying to save her from
the waves instead of taking her picture.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture

The dogs were having a great time too

So much for getting her to look the camera

Yeah! He did it!

No comments: