Claire turns TWO in a few days and we decided to get her a play structure since she loves the park and the closest one is a 15-20 minute drive. Initially I looked on Craigslist to see about getting a good deal on a used one. This had a couple problems with 1) Disassembling and then reassembling, 2) Being sure it was still structurally sound, 3) Figuring out what weekend we could get it done since every weekend for the last two and half months we have been out of town.
Costco had some good deals after their rebates but it would still over $1000. Custom made structures were around the same price too. Don't even get me started on the price of the big name structure companies. They are quite proud of their play structures. Anyway, I digress. I found a good deal online at Wal-Mart. It had everything I wanted for Claire. Swing, slide, rock wall, monkey bars and fort. The picnic table underneath was bonus. They even shipped it to a local store for free.
We picked it up on a Wednesday and spent the next several evenings putting it together. All in it took about 10 hours. Dave and I worked out a pretty good system where I would get all the wood, bolts, screws, washers, etc. (oh my gosh there was soooo many pieces) for the next step and Dave would assemble it. Claire was a big help too. :) One gallon of sealer/stain later during nap time and we are all ready to go.



No comments:
Post a Comment