Monday, October 12, 2009

1 month down

We made it to the 1 month mark safe and sound. Just 1140 more to go, she would be 95 and I figured that would be a good age for me to stop worrying. I may be long gone but I will still be her mommy :)

This last month has been a blur and has gone by too quickly. We have had lots of sleepless nights, dirty diapers and tears, mainly hers and but also a few of mine. My sleep deprivation is compounded because of my milk supply being low. We have seen the lactation consultant on a weekly basis for help and ideas. Per their recommendations we have tried taking herbal supplements and breast feeding, followed by a supplement bottle with formula then pumping every 3 hours. This whole process takes about a hour and half giving me just about a hour or so to sleep. Just this last week we switched to a prescription to increase the supply and dropped the pumping. It has helped a little on both fronts, more milk and more sleep. I am grateful for both! At this point the thought is at least she is getting some breast milk and some is better than none.

Claire caught her first cold. It ended up being fairly mild, just a runny nose and was slightly congested. Dave become a pro a the nasal aspirator (nose sucker thingy). With her being so young other than using it and the humidifier there isn't much more we can do. I know it isn't realistic but hopefully all her colds will go that smooth.

Oddly she is losing her hair on the top of her head and looks like a little old man. If the hair on the side was long enough we could do a comb over! I was expecting for her to lose it in the back or all over but just the top was surprising. Thank goodness we had our photo shoot with Danielle before it started falling out.

Many thanks to our friends and family for the visits, meals and help. We appreciate your love, friendships and generosity!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yippie! Glad things are going well. Get used to the tears -both hers and yours. You're right, I don't think it will ever end -but who would want it to. Claire is SOOOOO sweet!