(You'll have to forgive me in the delay in getting our blog updated but it has been a busy two weeks)
The funny thing is that as I was writing my previous blog I was having contractions. Now that in itself is no big deal since I had been having them for over two weeks, but they did start becoming more intense and regular. So after they had met the 511 rule (5 minutes apart, lasting for 1 minute for 1 hour) I woke up Dave at around 2:30 am and off to the hospital we went. We arrived to a full house, yep the hospital was completely full. In fact all the birthing centers were full. Our nurse told us that OHSU and Legacy called asking if they could send delivering mothers over to Willamette Falls. I guess 09/09/09 was a popular day! We hung out in the admin room until 9 am at which point I was dilated to 5 centimeters and totally ready for an epidural, since I was exhausted being up since 7 am the previous morning and really wanted to sleep.
My mom showed up around 11 am right as I was receiving my epidural, so unfortunately she arrived just in time to watch me sleep :) Around 2 pm the midwife decided we should try to the regulate my contractions to push Claire down since she still hadn't "dropped" and was still sitting sideways. I didn't mind one bit, considering I couldn't feel a thing! Christy arrived shortly after 5 pm and is nice enough to go to our home a feed our poor dogs. They got kicked out of bed in the middle of the night and skipped breakfast. I can only imagine how confused and hungry they must have been.
Next thing I know it is 6 pm, I am dilated to 10 centimeters and time to push. Everything is going as planned, my pushes are making progress in moving Claire down and all is well. I really have no idea what time it started but I begin having a pain in my right side. Keep in mind that I have had an epidural and shouldn't be feeling anything below the my rib cage, but the pain keeps getting more and more intense. I am crying and shaking uncontrollably and around 8:30 pm the midwife calls in the doctor for a consultation since I am not able to push through the pain and Claire is showing signs of distress with each contractions. It is decided to up my epidural and use a vacuum to see if we can get Claire out with the next two contractions otherwise a c-section is the best course of action.
It all happened in a matter of minutes. The bed was broken down, Dave was given scrubs and I was wheeled to the operating room. At 8:53 pm (less than 15 minutes later) Claire arrives weighing 6 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long!
God blessed us with a healthy, beautiful baby girl!!
1 comment:
Yay!!!! I am sooo excited for you guys. Thank you for letting me be at the hospital when she was born. It was such a blessing to me, and I am so thankful that God has provided you both with this precious, absolutely beautiful and perfect little girl. Let the fun times begin!!!
Post a Comment