
We had our first of two BBQ/Baby Showers last Saturday. It was fun, great to see everyone and really hot outside! Considering it was 10 degrees cooler than early in the week I really shouldn't complain but the 95 degrees had everyone sweating. Not to mention my feet, legs, arms, face.... basically my whole body was terribly swollen do to retaining water. Gotta love it!It was at our home and thankfully Christy, Tammy, Tammie and Dave took charge and I was under strict instructions to do nothing, they had it covered. Our friends are very generous and gave us lots gifts and all the outfits are super cute. We are grateful for their thoughtfulness, generosity and for their friendships!
The last one is tomorrow and it is for our families. Alan & Alicia were nice enough to volunteer to host at their home, so lots of thanks going out to them. We have family coming in from all over Oregon, Washington, Canada and even Costa Rica!! Wouldn't you know it, it might rain! What a difference a week makes. I am confident it will hold off and thankful it is going to much cooler.
It never ceases to amaze me that amount stuff babies and kids need. Well maybe not need but that you can get for them. Good thing for showers or you could go broke getting set up just to bring them home. I think were there. Car seat... check, diapers... check, wipes... check, outfits... check, crib... check, I am sure I am missing something but I guess we will learn as we go. Isn't that half the fun of being a parent??
2 comments:
Can't wait to see all your fun gifts! Looking forward to camping with you again next weekend -if Claire is still up to it! Loves!
What a differnece a year makes. Still looking forward to camping but this year instead of being cripled with swelling from pregnancy, your foot is an issue. Do you think next year you could just be normal? LOL!
Post a Comment